Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eyes of the World


Outside of bag. In the flower, I sewed part of Alaska The trim for the inside pocket is a chain stich.
(even St. Lawrance Island!) and Russia.

I'm getting closer to finishing this bag. But I do bags so slow. Artistry and inspiration are very important to me.
Often, I have to have a picture in my head of what I want before I even start something. From there, these creations evolve almost organicly. With this bag, I wasn't exactly sure what I would do. I rust dyed the cog, but then got stuck. Someone suggested to me that the cog looked like a flower pot, so I used the flower pattern on the lining as a pattern for the flower.
The outside was an tea towel or napkin from an antique shop, and the cloth of the lining is called "Eyes of the World", by Harmony Art.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment