Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring is in the Air

I think spring decided to come early this year. It's been warm and sunny for the past several weeks. Of course, we could still get a cold snap, but it probably won't be forty below.
Today I finally finished a kuspuk prototype. It was made from some old flannel that has been around for a long while. It has many kinks to work out, but I was so exited, I wore it before it was finished. I haven't had a kuspuk since I was a little girl in Nome (many years ago). I made it short sleeved (a modern version!). Normally, they are long sleeved with a cuff. I made this one with a skirt on the bottom to keep my legs warmer.
I'm sorry I can't post pictures, the computer refuses to upload them :(
Here is great article on kuspuks from Tundra Medicine Dreams.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment